We’re finally ready to jump back into the pool! After a long winter and careful planning for spring cleaning, you’ll want to ensure that your pool is prepared for opening day. Here are some things you should do before you jump in.
Pool Opening Tips
Preparing your pool for opening is essential. This can be done by cleaning the filters and pump, testing the water chemistry, adding calcium hardness, and balancing pH levels. The following pool opening tips will help you prepare you pool for opening day:
- clean filters and pumps – Filters should be cleaned every three months with a filter brush or vacuum cleaner attachment. During this time, check all connections for leaks or damage to ensure that no foreign matter enters your system. If there are any problems with either of these items, contact an expert who can repair them quickly so that they are ready when needed again later on during this process (and throughout each season).
- test water chemistry – Testing kit tests provide quick results on chlorine levels to determine if more needs to be added before opening up again after the winter.
Add a Disinfectant
When ready to open your pool, you must add a disinfectant. Disinfectants are used to kill bacteria and other microorganisms in your water, and they’re also added before opening a pool after being closed for several months during the winter season.
Disinfectants are not meant to be used as cleaning agents; they should only be added, when necessary, by following the manufacturer’s instructions on each product label so they don’t damage your filter or other equipment!
Clean the Skimmer and Pump Basket
The skimmer basket is part of your pool cleaner that catches debris. The pump basket is where all the gunk from your filter goes, so it needs to be cleaned.
Both can be removed by simply pulling them out of their respective areas and cleaning them with soap and water, or if you have super-gunk on there (like leaves), you can use a little bit of bleach for extra strength. Now check both lids for cracks or holes that may have formed since last season! If there are any cracks in either cover, replace them now so they don’t get worse over time–this could lead to leaks, making it harder for your pool filter system to do its job correctly next year when summer rolls around again!
Clean the Filter
It should be ready if you’ve cleaned the filter before using these pool opening tips. Remove the filter from its housing, and use a brush or vacuum to remove debris from both sides of the filter media. Then rinse off all that gunk by placing your hands under running water for about 15 seconds.
To clean out your basket: take off whatever hardware is holding it together; pull out all of those pieces; scrub down each piece individually with some soap; rinse them thoroughly; then reassemble everything back into position again before replacing into the skimmer chamber
Empty and Clean Valves, Fittings, and Accessories
- remove all the hoses, pipes, and accessories from your pool.
- wash them thoroughly with a garden hose.
- rinse them with fresh water to remove any residue the cleaning process might have left behind.
- dry them thoroughly before putting them back in place or storing them for the winter season.
Test The Pool Water Chemicals and Alkalinity
- test the Pool Water Chemicals and Alkalinity.
- use a pool test kit to test your pool water’s pH, alkalinity, and chlorine levels. If you do not have a test kit, use an online calculator to determine these levels.
- if any of them are too high or low, adjust them accordingly before opening your pool for use by swimmers.
Contact Artesian Pools for Your Dream Custom-Built Pool
Are you ready to turn your backyard into a paradise? Look no further than Artesian Pools for all your custom pool needs. Our experienced team is committed to creating a one-of-a-kind swimming experience for you and your family to enjoy for years to come.
Artesian Pools is dedicated to bringing your dream pool to life from the initial design to the final touches. Our expert designers will work closely with you to create a unique and personalized pool that fits your style and needs.
At Artesian Pools, we use only the highest quality materials and equipment to ensure that your pool is beautiful, safe, and durable. Our team is skilled in every aspect of the pool building process, from excavation to landscaping, and we guarantee that your finished product will exceed your expectations.
Contact Artesian Pools today to schedule your consultation!