With fall approaching and fewer reasons to get in the pool, this is the perfect time to check your pool equipment ahead of next Summer. Because the truth is, we all have the best intentions but most summers we’re too busy enjoying the pool to keep up with maintenance.
So join us, today, for a super quick roundup of what pool equipment to check and why, and get ready for a great summer.
Also read: Pool Water Maintenance Mistakes
Pool Water Maintenance Mistakes
Pool Equipment: Check and Check
The whole point of a swimming pool is being able to enjoy it when and where you want to. This goes out the window, however, when Summer finally arrives and your pool isn’t working the way it should.
Your pool and equipment are the twin pillars of a safe, clean, fun-filled summer swimming experience. During the upcoming “off-season”, make sure to keep the following checks under wraps:
- Holes In Skimmers: Once the structural integrity of your pool skimmer goes out, you can’t rely on it to work 100% properly anymore.
- Compromised Leaf Rakes: Sun and weather damage over time can make a rake less effective, so it’s best to check on these while you have the time.
- Pool Vacuum Bags: Check to confirm that you have enough bags and that the bags you have aren’t degraded.
- Cracks and Damage: Weathering on the plastic components of your brushes, handles, and vacuum hoses compromises their efficacy, so replace or repair these as soon as possible.
- Clean, Functional Equipment
A swimming pool is a system with many parts, all of which need to be in working order for the system to work properly. When a cleaner, filter, or other component fails, it can let the entire system down. This is why it’s important to repair, replace, and maintain any tools and parts in order to avoid issues in the coming Spring and Summer months.