The days are getting shorter, the weather is cooling down, and you might consider closing up your pool for the season; but don’t! There are plenty of ways to enjoy your swimming pool during fall in Florida. Here are seven of our favorite seasonal activities:
1. Host a Dinner Party
If you have a swimming pool in Florida, inviting friends for a poolside dinner is a great time. It’s a great way to use that patio furniture you’ve had stored away since summertime, and your guests will appreciate spending some quality time outside on their phones or laptops.
Here are some tips for hosting a fantastic dinner party:
- have a themed menu, like Hawaiian luau!
- plan by putting together a playlist of songs from the era you’re trying to recreate and your favorite music from now. Depending on how many people will be attending, decide if everyone contributes food, or only hosts provide food – if you have few attendees, it could be easy enough just having one person bring everything needed, so keep in mind what kind of foods you’ll need available before deciding on this type of gathering style (if any).
2. Enjoy a Movie Night by the Pool
Make it a night to remember by inviting friends over for a movie-themed pool party. If you’re serious about making your guests feel like they’ve stepped into the movies, don’t forget to set up a projector and screen on your pool deck. To bring it home, throw in some snacks—like popcorn or candy apples—and make sure to have plenty of beverages for everyone.
When dinner is time, consider grilling up burgers or hot dogs at the fire pit. And if you want your partygoers to be able to play games while lounging around the pool, bring out an outdoor bar set with bar stools and tables so people can enjoy their drinks while playing games outdoors (or try setting up an indoor bar area). Another idea is bringing out a table tennis table or cornhole set so people can entertain themselves until dinnertime arrives!
3. Take Advantage of the Cool Water to Exercise
Swimming is a great low-impact exercise that can help relieve stress and get your heart rate up. It also helps tone your muscles, leading to weight loss. If you don’t already have plans for your pool this fall, consider swimming as a way to stay in shape!
4. Get in Some Last-Minute Sunbathing
- sunbathing is a great way to relax and enjoy the cooler weather.
- use a sun umbrella to protect you from the sun’s harmful rays.
- while some people love being in the pool all year long, others prefer to wait until summertime before jumping in their pools. If you’re one of these people, swimming during fall can be an excellent way to reacquaint yourself with your pool’s water temperature before summer hits again.
5. Extend the Life of Your Pool For a Few More Weeks with a Pool Heater
If you’re going to be swimming in your pool for a few more weeks, it’s worth investing in a heater. Pool heaters cost more than pool covers but can extend the swimming season by a few weeks. Furthermore, they’re more energy efficient than pool covers and will save you money on your energy bill.
If you have an above-ground pool, there are two heaters: gas and electric. Gas heaters use propane or natural gas as fuel sources, while electric heaters run on electricity from the home’s power source. Both types are safe and easy to install; however, gas heaters are generally less expensive than electric ones because they do not require additional wiring or equipment beyond what comes with them when purchased new at hardware stores.
Another advantage is that once installed correctly into place inside your inground swimming pool with adequate water flow levels present throughout its operation cycle then, both types work equally well, making it difficult
6. Get a Pool Cover
A top-down pool cover is an easy way to keep debris out of your pool and keep it clean. They help prevent the buildup of algae, too.
If you have kids or pets that are not always supervised, a top-down pool cover can be a real lifesaver because it prevents them from accidentally falling into the water. It’s also helpful if you have young children still learning to swim. You can use an automatic safety cover to let you know when they are on their way into the water so you can close it quickly and avoid accidents!
When installing your pool cover, ensure all access points (such as stairs) are clear before closing them off with your new lid! If possible, install a drain plug so that draining won’t be too much work when winter comes around again next year.”
7. Don’t Forget to Keep Up with Regular Maintenance!
Keeping your pool in good condition is a great way to ensure that you and your family can enjoy your swimming pool during fall and any other season.
- check and adjust water chemistry regularly (especially if you have an automatic pool care system).
- check and fix any leaks that might appear during fall, especially if you have hard water, as we do here in Florida!
- keep tabs on water level, temperature, clarity, and balance by using testing strips every week or so
- don’t forget about flow rate – it’s essential for safety reasons too!!
Fall in Florida Can be Just as Fun and Sunny as Summer, Even in Your Swimming Pool!
- it’s a great time to enjoy your swimming pool, even if the weather isn’t always sunny.
- you can still have fun in the water!
- Florida is known for its sunny beaches and resorts—but that doesn’t mean you have to live by the ocean (or even go there) to enjoy an active lifestyle. With warm temperatures year-round and plenty of open spaces, there are plenty of ways for Floridians to get in on the action without leaving their home state.
- whether you’re looking for something relaxing or thrilling—or simply want more opportunities for exercise—you’ll find plenty of options here:
Here at Artesian Pools, we want you to enjoy your swimming pool during fall no matter the weather! Contact us today to get more information on building the pool of your dreams!